Wednesday 12 May 2010

Developing colour
















(found on graphic-exchange.com)

Using multiple colours is not something I usually consider, as I like simple colour palettes consisting of one or two colours. However with the black substrate, these colours work really well and the added patterns within the type grab the viewers attention. If I were to produce something like this with my black and white photography in the background, I think it would really bring out the cultural feel to the regions I am designing about. It could work as a poster design advertising the overall full set of 5 supplements that will then be coming out as monthly editions with their own colour theme.














(found on speckyboy.com)

If I decide to keep the colour choice simple and complimentary using a two colour plus stock theme, I could think about tints and overlays like the example above. I just need to finalise my layout and then I can experiment with different colour combinations to see what works effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment