Monday 3 May 2010

Content

Before I can really begin designing layouts, I need to know exactly what the content is and how many images, words, columns it will take up etc. As I wrote in my brief I want to 'Design a set of magazine/newspaper supplements that explore regional dialect and phrases within the everyday English language.' I found a few books on this topic, and after deciding to narrow it down to 5 regions, one per supplement, and deciding to go with Yorkshire, Lancashire, Liverpool, Newcastle and London's cockney slang, I came across this set of books that I could get some good use out of:














It was just lucky that the same publisher's had all 5 regions that I wanted to use, proving that they are common areas to use to get some strong content about.

Here are some of their dictionary style pages that I will no doubt be finding relevant phrases from to design and write about.

Cockney Slang






Yorkshire:






Newcastle 'Geordie'






Lancashire:






Liverpool 'Scouse'






As well as these I hope to include photographs of the chosen areas, so while I am visiting and capturing the locations I will set up questionnaires to ask any locals of their most common phrases to know which are the best to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment