Friday 30 April 2010

First collection of supplements

Here are some supplements mainly collected from newspapers over the last couple of years that I would be competing with, or working alongside:













I am planning to purchase this weekend's variety of newspaper supplements to get updated versions of these, but this initial collection helps me to quickly realise that there is a niche for the type of supplement I want to design, as the continuous themes running through these are categorised simply into women's lifestyle and well-being stories, food, fashion, money and sport. There are sometimes culture sections within the actual newspaper itself, but I hope that my slightly humorous and relaxed take on regional dialects and my fresh, simple design will bring a new look to supplements so that it doesn't become a dated throw-away item after a few weeks.













There were some interesting layouts that I can use as inspiration for my supplement design, showing overlay of text over photography and how the two can work together simply and effectively.











No comments:

Post a Comment