Monday 12 October 2009

'What is good?' - primary research

My questionnaire:

I would be really grateful if I could get a few of you to fill in my questionnaire!

1. Three reasons why laughing is good?
1.
2.
3.


2. What would be a funny moment in your life that you can pick out, look back at and still laugh about? (it doesn't have to be hilarious to everyone else!)


3. There are so many types of laughter, but if you could describe your laugh, what would it be? (e.g. a snort, a silent shake, a giggle, loud outburst, hysterical etc.)


4. Have you laughed today? If so, what about?



5. Have you ever laughed at someone else's laugh, and not at the actual joke?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People's responses:

1. Because it makes me feel happpppy!
2. Laughing at things always cheers me up, without fail.
3. It's a good ice-breaker. Whenever I feel worried or awkard I try and have a little laugh.

2.
Errr, when my friend dan came to stay with me and tom. We'd spent the whole day drinking in lovlely pubs and eventaully crawled home at 3, stole some chairs, we just sat in our flat laughing at pretty much nothing for three or four hours. We wrote loads of weird things on post its too, I found them a few days later along with my credit card and a packet of rizlas at the back of the fridge. The whole week he was here was fairly hilarious. I don't even know why, it was constant unexplainable laughter.

3. Aaaah , I don't know but I don't think I like my laugh. I do giggle a lot though.

4. Ooooh. I laughed watching never mind the buzzcocks on iplayer. I think I was laughing at paloma faith. It'd weird because before i'd seen her I thought I'd hate her, but I think she's lovellllly. And I've laughed at lots of little things, mainly Tom.

5. Allllll the time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. 1. It puts off the moment at which I feel I have to cry ...
2. Exercises and tones the muscles and skin in your face, keeping you looking young and vital (allegedly).
3. Universal language between different races/nationalities/cultures, even if you don't know what each other is laughing at and wouldn't find it funny if you did.


2. I spent the third year of my degree at University in France, which was kind of a funny experience in itself. Mardi Gras is a big deal in France. There was a club night going on where you got in for free if you went in fancy dress. I went as 'une saloppe anglaise' (english slut) in incredibly bad taste drag, really nasty mini dress, bad make up, hair in pig tails. I got charged full price.

3. Scooby Doo-esque apparently

4. Sadly it took a while to think about this, but eventually, yes. I was in the library with one of my dissertation students and suggested she read a book called The Photograph as Contemporary Art, by Charlotte Cotton. I pointed out how Charlotte and I went to Uni together and were in the same seminar group. She gets books published and lives in LA where she is the head of photography at Los Angeles County Museum of Art, whilst I am a lecturer at Leeds College of Art... Not really funny, but you have to laugh. But the best bit is that I've just looked her up on the interweb to make sure I'm not lying, and have discovered that she's just left Los Angeles to take up a post at the National Media Museum in Bradford. So now I really am laughing!

5. Frequently


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I'm sure you actually lose weight
2. It's so contagious that it makes u and everyone else happy and in a good mood
3.
It's the language of the world. (people who say its maths are lying)

2.
Earlier this week me and my house mates were talking about inventions and we came up with the 'pocket bra' and the 'shower gloves' and we were all just in fits of laughter because of the images we were thinking about lol! and everytime we mention it we still laugh about it.

3. I
think im a loud burst kind of a person lol i kind of thrust my head back and belt it out, but i get really giddy sometimes when it deffinantly borders on the edge of hysterical.
however my mate has a really silent laugh but his shoulders jump up and down quite viciously haha its really funny to watch.

4. I
have laughed so much, iv been with my sister and we always giggle about everything, and done a few of those laughs that have to be kind of forced out a bit so that someone thinks they are funny.

5.
Lol! yes that friend i mentioned earlia with the shoulders, im always laughing at him (in a nice way) and if someone snorts its always a hysterical laugh for me. ooh and those babys on the adverts made us all laugh so much especially that one at the end.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I'm sure it's good for your health...
2. Makes you feel so much better, especially when it hurts. How ironic
3. Ehhh...hm. Stuck. Can make other people smile and it's good to be happy?


2. Playing the Malteaser game makes me die! The first time was like a month ago? Basically, two malteasers in the front of your mouth at the top. Inbetween your lip and gum, one each side obviously. Just look at what you look like. When you do it with other people you laugh so hard and its horrible because the more you laugh, the more the malteasers make your mouth hurt. That situation is also funny, so its a vicious circle!

3. Hm, i'm not too sure. When I really get going I think I'm almost silent as I cant catch my breath?

4. Yeah for sure, I laugh everyday living with Pricey! We are too sarcastic for our own good. So comical sarcasm? The more one laughs, the more the other does to be honest.

5. Yea, not all the time but sometimes. On the odd occasion I guess?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Keeps you sane
2. Someone on tv said it was a form of exercise
3.
Just makes you happy really, and shows everyone else your happy.

2. A few people have fallen over before, people hurting themselves is always funny

3. Loud outburst when I'm in my comfort zone, and a reserved chuckle anywhere else.

4. I laughed at St Helens last night.


5. My mates laugh is weird, and he always seems to laugh when theres utter silence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why laughing is good
1. shows off your nice smile smile
2. shows that you understand a joke
3. makes you feel good

Seeing my (drunk!) mate fall, head over heels down the stairs. with a can of larger in his hand. Thank god he was alright! but very funny!

giggle, loud burst and tears if very funny

yep, thinking about the second question i answered. lol

yes sometimes.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Makes me feel better
2. People make funny noises...which makes you laugh more
3.
Its contagious :D

2.
- When me and my friend were stood on the playground in primary school, not talking...just watching people, and I turned and blew on her arm...then we both stood there in silence, until she looked at me...then walked off.


3.
- Depends what I'm laughing at...but usually just a giggle.

4.
- I have...I can't remember, I laugh at everything :s but I'm laughing now...because I can't remember what was making me laugh so much earlier lol.

5.
- Yeah

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. It makes you feel better
Makes other people laugh.
And why not? Better than frowning!

2. Trying to drink out of a cup with cling film over it on tuesday night smile

3.Giggle into hysterical into crying smile

4. Yes, because I asked the person next to me if I had laughed today!

5. YES!!! Some people have amazing laughs!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment